Enjoy Your Games Responsibly
bgo.com supports responsible gambling. It is imperative that all players enjoy playing the games and do not gamble what they cannot afford. It is with this in mind that we provide plenty of information for all players on responsible gambling and how to spot the early signs.
How to Keep it Fun
Online gambling, whether it is Bingo, Casino games or anything else has only one core purpose – fun. Gambling should never become more than entertainment and we are always prepared to help those for whom it does.
You can help ensure that you maintain the fun and never rely on gambling for more than entertainment by remembering these important points:
- Setting deposit limits to a level that you feel comfortable with.
- Obviously everyone is different, so our standard limits may be way too high for you. Make sure you reduce them to a level that you know you can afford. Information on limits can be found under the Wallet section of your Account.
- Use the cooling off period if you find yourself playing a little too much.
- That’s what it’s there for! Don’t allow yourself to play too much, even with limits in place. If you’re happy with your recent win, withdraw it. Don’t allow yourself to get addicted to playing with more money than you can afford.
- Gambling is a form of entertainment and NOT a way of making money.
- Gambling should never be treated as a form of income. You should only deposit and spend money that you are prepared to lose. Lots of people make money from gambling but lots of people also lose!
- Avoid chasing losses – set yourself a limit that you can afford.
- Similar to deposit limits, you can limit how much you play. You might have a big win and struggle to stop playing, so be sure to limit your wagers and withdraw your winnings!
- Keep track of the length of time and money that you spend while playing.
- Always make a note of when you made a deposit and how much time you spent playing. Never try to extend your playing time by spending more. If you want to play longer, reduce the size of your bet
- Never spend more than you can afford.
- The most crucial rule of them all. Do not spend what you aren’t willing or cannot afford to lose. We can’t do exchanges or refunds, so once it’s gone, it’s gone. We don’t want you playing if you can’t afford to be!
And finally, if it all gets to be a bit too much…
- Closing all of your gambling accounts permanently.
- If you’re struggling to control your gambling then use our Self Exclusion option. This can be used as a pre-emptive measure or if you find you have a problem, it can put a stop to anymore spending. We will never allow you to play again if you Self Exclude and will do our best to help you get the advice you need. We also recommend you Exclude all of your other accounts with other operators.
It is important to remember some key points when playing at BGO to avoid falling into any problem gambling traps. To ensure your play remains fun, remember the following:
How do I know if I have a problem?
Have a read through the questions below. These are industry standard and were conceived by some super smart University students. Most compulsive gamblers will answer 'yes' to the majority of these. Don’t worry if you answer yes to a few, that’s OK, it’s all part of gambling, but if you find yourself succumbing to most of them and would like to seek professional advice, we recommend visiting Gamblers Anonymous or GamCare.
- Have you ever taken time off work or university so that you can gamble?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Has gambling affected your reputation with friends and colleagues?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Have you ever gambled to win money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Has gambling caused a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing do you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win do you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Do you often gamble until your last pound has gone?
- Have you ever borrowed to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Are you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
- Has gambling ever made you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Do you ever gamble longer than you have planned?
- Do you gamble to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed or considered committing an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Has gambling caused you to have difficulty sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Do you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
If you have any questions about our responsible gambling policy or anything you’ve read here, please do get in touch with us. We’re here to help!
People under the age of 18 may not use our website or services in any way. It is illegal for people under the age of 18 to gamble and bgo takes any attempt to break this law seriously. We carry out numerous age verification checks, both online and offline, on all customers documentation may also be required in order to verify your account. Anyone under the age of 18 found to be using the site will have all winnings forfeited, no deposits refunded and we will also consider reporting the matter to the appropriate authorities.
Please click here to read more information about Self Exclusion.